Monday, September 29, 2008

RightNow Road Trip

We have been preparing so hard for LeadNow+Fusion that we decided it was road trip time! So Lonnie, Bill, Rob and myself met up on Saturday morning and took off to Baton Rouge to see the LSU Fighting Tigers play againg the Mississippi State Bulldogs.

It is normally about a 7 hour drive to Baton Rouge, but somehow Rob was able to get as there in about 6 hours. We listened to lots of music, ate an insane amount of popcorn, drank up the Vitamin Water, engaged in a few theological discussions and then began to mentally prepare ourselves for he greatness of Tiger Stadium on a Saturday night.

My nephew plays for LSU - and he is the reason why I am such a crazy Tiger fan. So it was definitely great for me to get to seehim at the game and then hang out with him afterwards. It was also fun for me to introduce these guys to a little bit of LSU tradition. The game itself was just okay but the Tiger Stadium atmosphere was awesome. Here are some of our highlights:

  • Rob making up for being 21 minutes late by driving illegally to get us to the game on time

  • Walking up on tailgaters and declaring that we were hungry Tiger fans to get free gumbo
  • An incident at WalMart...

  • Lonnie setting his eyes on Tiger Stadium for the first time

  • Free Subway for being the last customers of the day

  • Yelling Tiger Bait at perfectly innocent Bulldog fans

  • Lonnie asking me if I was up all night creating this blog entry

  • Listening to "Coyotes" by Grizzly Man

  • Lonnies phone conversation with his wife Anita where he discussed his shower in great detail

Digg this

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

After losing one of my best friends last month, and just last week officiating my great-aunt's funeral... the trip to Baton Rouge is just what I needed! The guys were great to be around and I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. Marc Mac knows how to hook his buddies up! About 10 minutes before kick-off, the stadium plays Garth singing "Callin' Baton Rouge." When that happens, the party is on! Great traditions, great fans, great food. It should be a lot of fun if Oklahoma gets to play and beat such a cool team for the national championship! LSU rocks, but in my heart it is forever... Boomer Sooner! Go OU!

Anonymous said...

If you would have invited me to go, I would have worn a yellow shirt like that and a hat.

Rob Wilson said...

Oh man, please don't say what happened at Wal-Mart!

Anonymous said...

Random Thoughts from Bill...

• All college football fans should experience a trip to death valley

• Rob is a very good driver

• Lonnie needs some help with that Sooner addiction

• Free is better than paying pretty much every time

• Purple and yellow are great football colors

• Marc doesn't like it if you're late when heading to a football game...but I already knew that one...